Our main goal at The Nashville Fair is to provide a safe, fun, and family-friendly environment. Frequently asked questions are answered below.
To make your visit to the Nashville Fair an enjoyable experience, we appreciate your compliance with our policies noted below.
Code of Conduct
- For your own health, wash hands after handling livestock or visiting the barns.
- Appropriate attire is always required. Shirt and shoes are required - no exposed underwear, vulgar or inappropriate clothing, gang colors or gang signs.
- No disorderly, disruptive conduct or behavior that endangers others - skateboarding, roller blading, riding bicycles, using radios, cat calls, profanity, ect.
- Pets are not allowed at the Fairgrounds. Service animals are permitted but must be properly supervised and controlled.
- Attendees grant The Nashville Fair and its agents an unrestricted right and license to use attendees' image, likeness, actions and statements in any broadcast, telecast, photograph, or other transmission or reproduction of the Fair without further authorization or compensation.
- Alcohol is prohibited except in those areas designated for alcohol consumption.
- Please use trash receptacles.
- This is a smoke-free facility.
- No firearms or other weapons are allowed, regardless of whether bearer holds a concealed weapons permit; law enforcement officers while on duty are excluded.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
This list is not all-inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management.
Public Safety Program
The Nashville Fair works hard to provide a safe environment for families and all our guests, exhibitors, staff, volunteers, and partners. As a result, all bags, purses, and personal belongings will be screened at entrance gates for contraband. Handheld metal-detecting wands will be in use by security staff. No weapons, food, or alcohol will be allowed. This includes pocketknives of any size or length. Personal items are subject to inspection prior to entrance to ensure the safety of everyone.
Can I drop my child off and pick them up later?
- Absolutely not. All children must be accompanied by an adult guardian. No exceptions.
Do the ticketed entertainment events include fair admission?
- Yes, all advance entertainment tickets include fair admission.
Is re-entry available?
- No re-entry is permitted.
What items are prohibited from bringing into the Nashville Fair?
- The following is a partial list of items people are not allowed to carry onto fair property. Event staff will be authorized to use their discretion in disallowing items not included on this list:
The Nashville Fair and its employees will not hold prohibited items discovered during the screening process for persons to retrieve at a later time.
Permitted bags include:
- Clear bags of any shape/size
- Small clutches/purses, no larger than 4.5 inches by 6 inches
- Diaper bags when accompanied by a minor child
- Medically necessary bags
Can I bring in a pocketknife?
- No. Pocket knives of any size or length are not allowed.
What is the weather policy of the fair?
- The Nashville Fair is a rain or shine event. No rain checks or refunds will be issued. The Nashville Fair with the Nashville Police Department and the OEM monitors all potentially hazardous weather conditions.
Where can I park?
- There is limited parking at the fair. Our designated parking lot is located on Craighead Avenue.
How much does parking cost?
- Fairgrounds Nashville parking costs $10.00 per vehicle. Parking is limited and based on availability.
Can I rent a stroller?
- No, strollers are not available to rent.
Can I rent a wheelchair?
- Wheelchairs are not available for rent.
Can I bring in my own food or drinks?
- No, but there is plenty of food available from a wide array of vendors. You are sure to find something that suits your tastes.
How old do you have be to ride the carnival rides?
- There is no age restriction, but some rides have height limitations to ensure safety.
Do I have to pay admission for my infant/toddler?
- No, children 5 years old and under get in free.
Can I bring in a pet?
- Service animals are permitted, but pets are not.
Is smoking allowed on premises?
- The Nashville Fair is a smoke-free and vapor-free event. Smoking of any kind, including the use of pipes, e-cigarettes, vapors, or similar devices of any kind are prohibited.
How do I pay for things?
- Most concession/vendor booths are CASH ONLY, but some will accept debit and/or credit cards. Entry gates and box office accept VISA/MC/AMEX (along with cash for purchase).
Are there ATM machines?
- Yes, ATM machines are conveniently located throughout the grounds.
What is the refund/exchange policy?
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
Where is first aid at the fair?
- The First Aid Station is located on the south end of Expo 3 on Wedgewood Avenue.
Is there RV parking?
- There is no RV parking available on the grounds during the fair.
This list is not all inclusive and may be modified by management. By entering the Fair you agree to abide by this Code. Failure to comply with the Code may result in removal from the Fair.